Covid-19 Action Plan
for Weddings, Elopements, and Sessions
To my 2020/2021 couples:
The Covid-19 pandemic certainly has changed things for everyone. Every day seems to bring a new set of challenges, and everyone is trying to navigate this new way of life.
Since the beginning of March, I’ve witnessed firsthand the unique challenges this is causing for both couples planning to get married, and all of the businesses and vendors within in the wedding industry.
Couples have decided to put their wedding plans on hold, and businesses to shut down. But I’ve also witnessed a lot of passion, determination, and bravery in the face of it all.
Safety is my priority.
The Covid-19 virus isn’t something I take lightly. I’ve known people who have worked firsthand in the hospitals caring for Covid patients, and I even lost two people close to me from the virus.
The purpose of this post is to let you know what my plans and policies are, regarding the Covid-19 situation. My goal is to keep myself as safe and healthy as possible, while also keeping my clients and their families and friends as safe and healthy as possible.
The action plan:
- I will wash my hands thoroughly before each wedding/session, and either wash them or use hand sanitizer often.
- I will maintain a safe distance from others and wear a mask if I think it’s needed, or any time upon request- no questions asked!
- I will sterilize all equipment thoroughly between each session or wedding.
- I will avoid public transportation.
- I will only travel within Michigan or to areas bordering the state, using all precautions to minimize contact with others.
- I will always be upfront and honest about my own health.
- If I am ever in close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, I will self-quarantine for 14 days as the CDC recommends.
What I ask of you:
- Let me know as soon as possible if you or someone you’ve been in close contact with tests positive for Covid-19.
- Let me know if you’ve done any travel to destinations that are high-Covid areas anytime within 6 weeks of your wedding or session.
- If you’re inviting guests to your wedding, let them know that if they are unwell or feeling sick to STAY HOME.
- You may want to consider alternative ways to include guests in your wedding plans, such as virtual streaming.
- Communicate with your vendors and let them know right away if your plans change.
- Keep informed of the State’s orders regarding Covid-19 and adhere to them. Right now most of southern Michigan has a limit of 10 people for gatherings indoors (including weddings and elopements) and 100 people outdoors.
- Be kind and patient and remember we’re all going through a lot right now.
Covid-19 FAQ for my clients:
What if we decide to postpone our wedding?
I completely understand if this is something you decide to do! Your retainer fee and any money you’ve paid-to-date will transfer over to the new date, with no other fees or expenses (providing I am available for your new date).
What if you aren’t available on the new date we choose?
If you decide to postpone, I recommend contacting your venue and letting me know as soon as possible, so we can try to get your date scheduled on a day that works for everyone.
If you are unable to find a date that I’m available, you have two options:
- Retain Lume Photography as your wedding photography studio, but have an Associate Photographer on your wedding day. You will still be working with me, and everything else will remain the same. You will have the chance to meet the Associate before your wedding day. My Associates are all highly experienced, trustworthy, and educated to deliver the same style and quality that I am. You’ll receive a 10% discount off your total package as compensation for having a different photographer the day-of.
- If you prefer to work with a different photographer completely, we can cancel your photography reservation and I will send you recommendations for other photographers who are available. If you decide to cancel, your retainer cannot be refunded.
What happens if you get sick before our wedding?
If I happen to get sick before your wedding and exhibit ANY of the symptoms associated with Covid-19, I will notify you immediately. There are two options if I’m not able to be physically present on your wedding day:
- Retain Lume Photography as your wedding photography studio, but have an Associate Photographer on your wedding day. My Associates are all highly experienced, trustworthy, and educated to deliver the same style and quality that I am. I’ll still be editing and delivering your photos. You’ll receive a 10% discount off your total package as compensation for having a different photographer the day-of.
- If you prefer to find a different photographer completely, we can cancel your photography reservation. Your retainer cannot be refunded, but all other money paid (less any work that has already been performed, i.e. an engagement session) will be refunded.
I care about you!
Your happiness and health are very important to me. I promise to do everything I can to help if you are affected by Covid-19, and to use due diligence in fighting the spread of the virus. If you ever need to talk, just let me know- I’m here for you!