Here’s another amazing Keweenaw location. I’m so excited to share my photographs of it with you! As I mentioned previously, it’s very important to me not to contribute to the destruction of amazing spots in nature, and therefore I will not publicly share exact details of my favorite locations in the wild. If you already know where these places are, great! Please help preserve these wild places for the future.
Have you ever wondered what’s the absolute farthest north you can get on land in Michigan? Welcome to this incredible spot! Where the expanse of Lake Superior stretches out far into the horizon. This is just about as rugged, wild, and remote as you can get- and it’s just a few minutes from Copper Harbor!
Northernmost Point in Michigan
If you’re looking for a spot that’s off the beaten path, look no further. The absolute northernmost spot on land in Michigan is relatively unknown and unexplored. There are no crowds, and you’re guaranteed to have a peaceful and serene experience. This is perfect for couples looking for a private and intimate elopement ceremony. Imagine exchanging vows surrounded by the tranquil beauty of nature, with only the sounds of birds chirping and waves rolling. It’s located along the northern shoreline of the Keweenaw Peninsula, inside a quiet nature preserve.
One of the highlights of this location is its unique rocky shoreline with quartz crystal veins. The rugged rocks that define the shoreline are a stark contrast to the soft, sandy beaches found elsewhere in the state. The crystal-clear water combined with the rough and tumble rocks creates a stunning backdrop for any photoshoot.
- Perfect for small (10 people or less) groups of people who are ok with rocky ground.
- 10-15 minutes from the town of Copper Harbor.
- Rarely busy.
- Sunset in summer is gorgeous here as the sun sinks into Lake Superior.
- No bathrooms- the closest one is a couple of minutes away at a roadside park.
- Best to avoid in early to mid-June because of flies.
- No permits or fees for doing photos here.
- Dog-friendly as long as you clean up after your friend and keep them on a leash.
- Many fragile mosses and lichens live here, so stay on bare rock or grassy areas.
- On a clear night you will see the Milky Way and possibly even the Northern Lights- this is one of the darkest places in the world.
Here are some recent photos I took while wandering around here with Walter, my dog. He loves going on adventures. :)
This rugged and wild location has the power to transport you to another world, and the stunning scenery and natural beauty will leave you breathless. It’s truly a photographer’s dream come true, offering endless opportunities for unique and breathtaking photographs. It’s one of my favorite locations for photos. Contact me to schedule a session here!